Tuesday, June 22, 2010

One for the Ages


At a corporate suite at last Saturday's Yankees-Mets game. A tall old man – maybe 6'2”, and in his 80s – wandered in and asked if we'd seen “the blind guy”. He seemed a little loopy, and a little homeless. Apparently though, he played 2nd for the Yankees ages ago, won four World Series, and now helps out with scouting.

At one point, he leaned over the kitchen island in disheveled-suave fashion, talked up a girl I know, and asked for her digits (this is actually happening in the above pic). She handed them over – how could she say no? – then texted her dad about the guy.

“I like him. He's a great evaluator of talent.”
“Yeah dad. I think he's evaluating my talent right now.”

Meanwhile, I consumed seven Budweisers and either three or four hot dogs.

I too am a great evaluator of talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment