Friday, October 1, 2010

Wolf Like Me Some Beer

Last night my coworker Andrew and I hit up NYC Brewer's Choice, a craft beer event thrown by Jimmy Carbone and my friend Shehan, who looks exactly like "Dr. Suresh" from Heroes (this is not racist -- most South Asians do not look exactly like Dr. Suresh, just like most Jews don't look exactly like Artie Lange, though apparently I do, since this guy literally ran up to me on the street one time and asked "Are you Artie Lange?!" This was before the Hari Kari.).


In the most beautiful of coincidences, Shehan's day job is working with the Michael J. Fox Foundation, and Andrew's best Halloween costume ever was "Scott Howard" from Teen Wolf -- a look made poignantly hilarious by Andrew being actual-basketball height at 6'6". Shehan has promised to try and get these photos in front of Michael J. Fox, which if it happens will obviously vault straight to the top of Andrew's "Greatest Things That Have Ever Happened to Me" list.


It's been 25 years since Teen Wolf, and at the Brewer's Choice event, "Give me, a keg, of beer" became "Give me, a taste, of your Sazerac-barrel-aged doppelbock". But after five hours drinking high-ABV craft brews, you still walk out thinking you're stronger than a mutated geneticist, and funnier than Artie Lange sticking a knife into Joe Buck's career, and if there'd been a van available, it definitely would have been turned into a surfboard.

1 comment:

  1. Now that is a bitchen costume!!! BTW...I made you blog of the day!!

    ReplyDelete