Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cheese is out of Fashion?

So this is nowhere near as salacious as my last post involving women and big cats, but:

Met my friend Alex at Eataly earlier as part of an ongoing dried-meat exchange: I introduced her to Texas A&M beef jerky, she ordered me some, and I repaid her with today's delivery of buffalo jerky from the Chalet Market in Belgrade, Montana. We ran into these felines on the way out:
They'd had the makeup professionally done for a protest outside Lincoln Center designed to keep the anti-fur heat on designers, celebs, and random attendees during Fashion Week.

Commendable, but if I were going to protest anything right now, it'd be Eataly's refusal to let you put cheese and meat together in the same sandwich. They claim it's about culinary tradition, but I refuse to believe that Italians attach pariah status to people who dairy up their proscuitto. And even if it were true, it's a silly tradition, enforced by nothing -- I'm forbidden by fucking Yawheh to mix meat & dairy (not to mention the whole no-pork thing), but you don't see me denying myself something so obviously righteous as a ham and cheese.

I'm in a tizzy. Anyway, down with fur, and down with not topping the meat of one dead animal with the curdled milk of another.

No comments:

Post a Comment