Monday, May 31, 2010

Chaos Theory



Things recently found on my apartment floor:
1) 2008 Russian Consulate General receipt for my buddy Troy. From his PC, he runs an international cell phone minutes-arbitrage business -- a full-fledged sub-industry in the 90s I'm convinced continues to exist so that Troy will continue to have a reason to visit places like Russia, and its Consulate.
2) Old business card from friend now married w/ child, a condition that did not exist when the card found its way to my apartment floor. That's not to suggest anything tawdry -- she's never even been to my apartment. It's just illustrative of the fact that if you take several years off from cleaning, magical lessons might be learned.
3) Unicorn-humping-Dolphin stationary from Rocks Off Entertainment, whose founder has the same tattoo on his bicep. He once gave me a pink t-shirt with the same image. I wore it on Halloween. A girl I know told me it was disgusting. I said "It's totally consensual -- the dolphin's just enjoying itself". She told me I was disgusting. She is a very tidy person. Whatever she's picked up over the years, she definitely doesn't leave any of it just laying on the floor of her apartment.
4) Troy.

No comments:

Post a Comment