Thursday, April 15, 2010

Candidate Withdrawal



Last night at High Bar (48th and 8th), my buddy Duke and a friend of one of my coworkers spent about ten thinking they'd met somewhere before, 'til they realized that last week they'd been candidates for jury duty together. The case involved a “really tall but not at all threatening middle-aged white guy in a bad suit” pushing a little too hard for affection from a much younger drunken woman in Times Square. Both Duke and my coworker's friend were rejected from the pool. Neither seemed hurt.

This morning I walked into one of my three local Chase banks and saw this carnage.

Bungled sexual assault in Times Square. Attempt to rob ATM by smashing through touchscreen in East Village.

This is New Jack City, baby. Shit is falling apart all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment