Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Needle and the Healing Done. Titicaca!

Saw two coffeeshop friends at Mud on 9th. Chad's a longtime EV personal trainer (from martial arts to making clients do high-school-style bear crawls across the Tompkins Square Park hoops court) and actor (he sold Nate's dad the fake passport in the Gossip Girl Season 1 finale). He's also the only guy I know who'll put a foot through your throat, then go home and feed his two cats. Since last I saw him, he moved uptown and enrolled in acupuncture school -- after twenty years teaching people to tear other people apart, he says wants to learn to put people back together. It also doesn't hurt that all but three students in his acu class are women.

Also discovered that Jeff, a screenwriter & USC grad, wrote for Beavis and Butthead in the glory days. He's lucky he didn't know me back then. I actually yelled at the TV when "Home Sweet Home" lost the top Countdown spot after, like, 16 weeks. I would have ruined his life with dialog suggestions.

These cookies were just brought in by a girl who really is hitting on a guy here with baked goods. I don't know if it's going to work on the dude she's after, but if my heart were a bunghole, cookies would be the TP.

No comments:

Post a Comment